Computer Nerds Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deathnotedo
Admin
Admin
Deathnotedo

Character sheet
Name: Shorefire
Level: 100
Class: Rogue

Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) Empty
PostSubject: Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)   Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 8:38 am

Kaboom Kitty, A retro indie game developed by Chris Peele (Powerfox 1995).

Kaboom Kitty is a Retro 2d, shooter, similar to old Arcade Shooters.
The objective of the game is to protect a little pixelated kitten from evil ninjas whilst dodging throwing stars, your weapon: Bombs.

The Graphics: Pixelated, Retro
Kaboom Kitty's graphics resemble old arcade games, such as Pacman and Street Fighter

The Gameplay: Fun, but hard!
I found the game-play to be addictive, but extremely hard at points, your bombs are continually shooting, and not at a very fast pace, making it impossible to destroy ninja stars at some points in the game, the upgrades consist of a shield, and a rapid fire upgrade (From what i saw), Both are really nice upgrades, but i have a few requests for the developer, also, the bullets do not go far enough to hit enemies/upgrades at points in the game.

Ideas/Things to fix:
-Shooting pace, possibly make the character shoot on mouse click? or just up the pace a little.
-More upgrades, I want to see bullet hell! add some crazy upgrades that make you shoot lasers, and 5 bullets that spread out rapidly!.
-Fix the distance of the bullets, at points i cant seem to reach enemies/upgrades.
-A re-sizable window

Overall, its a fun addictive game, the concept is really nice but could use some work, i hope you continue working on this!

-Deathnotedo

Links:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
http://computer-nerds.co.cc
Powerfox

PostSubject: Re: Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)   Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:16 am

Thanks for the review! Surprised

I don't know if you saw; there is a second character (in the options menu) which can shoot weaker bullets at a much faster rate. The game used to be click-to-shoot, but all that did was tire out my finger.

I like the ideas of all of the other additions. Hopefully I'll get around to adding them in someday! Smile
Back to top Go down
http://kaboomkitty.tk
Deathnotedo
Admin
Admin
Deathnotedo

Character sheet
Name: Shorefire
Level: 100

PostSubject: Re: Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)   Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) EmptyMon Sep 24, 2012 9:23 am

Good! Smile Keep working on this, its actually a very fun game ^_^

-Death
Back to top Go down
http://computer-nerds.co.cc
Levideobro

Levideobro

Character sheet
Name: Fagz0r
Level: 1

PostSubject: Re: Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)   Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) EmptyTue Sep 25, 2012 1:51 am

Powerfox wrote:
Thanks for the review! Surprised

I don't know if you saw; there is a second character (in the options menu) which can shoot weaker bullets at a much faster rate. The game used to be click-to-shoot, but all that did was tire out my finger.

I like the ideas of all of the other additions. Hopefully I'll get around to adding them in someday! Smile
Maybe make it a hold and click thing, and you move slower while shooting
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/LeVideoBro?feature=mhee
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)   Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game) Empty

Back to top Go down

Review: Kaboom Kitty (Indie Game)
Page 1 of 1